FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 4pm Elite Checkout Guarantee (General Discussion)
Old Sep 16, 2018, 11:48 am
xkr0p

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Horace
The best place to look for answers to questions such as this is in the Loyalty Program Terms & Conditions. For most benefits, Platinum Premier Elite has the same benefits as Platinum Elite. There are additional benefits for Platinum Premier Elite, but the late check-out benefit is the same.
v. 4 p.m. Late Checkout. Platinum Elite Members may check out as late as 4 p.m. local time of the Participating Property. Members can request late checkout when making a reservation through central reservations, at check-in, via the mobile app (where available) or at any time during their stay. This benefit is guaranteed at all Participating Properties, except at resort and convention hotels and Design HotelsTM, where it is based upon availability. Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Grand Residence Club, and participating Vistana properties are excluded from this benefit.

That’s what u originally looked up before posting this, but saw the “based upon availability”. I thought this was guaranteed (for non resorts) like mentioned but was unaware of that language.

So the hotel did use that language to only be able to offer me 2pm checkout. So I just simply used the app and searched for multiple rooms of the same type I was in and saw there was availability. So in the app I just replied saying there is wide availability of my room type so my 4pm request should be honored. They replied, apologized and then offered me 4pm. So it definitely is worth checking for yourself and calling the hotel out for not honoring this benefit when they can. I guess they just decline everyone right off the bat hoping they won’t check for themselves. Btw this was the Marriott Stanton south beach which I don’t believe is a resort? I may be wrong...