FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ink Business Preferred- Cell Phone Protection Plan. Experiences?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:50 pm
cheapdad00

Originally Posted by jc719
I filed a claim on my Ink Pref in Apr 2018 for a cracked screen on a Samsung S6. IIRC, I started the claim online at eclaimsline.com. I needed to submit an estimate for the repair. I went to 4 places and only one would give a written estimate, for $199.95. Others would only give an estimate for ~$50 (applied to the repair, if they did it). I also needed to submit proof that I paid the cell phone bill with my Ink Pref card (easy. CIP statement copy showing AT&T charge), and proof that the phone was paid by that bill. The latter was harder because I had already purchased a new phone and the broken one no longer showed on the account. All the documents were scanned and uploaded to the web site. I called (or maybe they called me) and I explained the problem. It seemed that it was a common problem. He did a conference call with AT&T customer service and she verified that the S6 was on the bill at the time of the loss. That was all he needed and the claim was approved. I got a check for $99.95 about a week later. Very positive experience overall.
Any idea if your screen was unfixable, whether they would have funded the cost of a new device? There Ts and Cs say so, but I wonder what the challenges would be of upgrading, e.g your S6 was broken but the lowest model they sold was an S8.