FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A380 First class: Pros and Cons I haven't seen being talked about
Old Sep 15, 2018, 1:48 pm
ioto1902

Programs: EK plat, ex-FB gold, Accor plat
Legs :
Please remove your shoes and always keep your socks on.
Keep in mind that pax behind you, on the other side of the aisle can see your feet.

Power outlet :
150W seems enough. Small PC usually needs a 45W or 60W charger, while bigger PC needs 90W. Are you sure you don't use an overdimensioned charger ?

Food.
That's very strange. Never had issues with choices.
Moreover, people saying that food in F is mediocre are a little bit hard on their judgement. Food may not be stellar good, but not "mediocre", unless if you are comparing to three-star on-the-ground restaurants.

Shower
I can understand, having experienced the same. It is only a feeling. When the body is wet, the slightest breeze of air makes you feel cold.

WIFI
On my personal count, I had satisfactory WIFI on A380 less than 5% of the time. WIFI on B777 is much better.

Now, if I may, what is the point of doing such a "pros & cons" ? It is interresting only if you compare with another airline.

Anyway, I may add some pros :
+ Chauffeur drive with "higher class" sedan, though only E-class in DXB
+ Dine on demand
+ First class lounge at DXB and at some outstations (like HND)
+ Dedicated First class check-in counter (one or two persons in front of you gets me nervous )
+ Comfortable bedding (mattress and blanket)
+ CSA maintaining bathrooms
+ Bateel dates
+ Big TV screen
+ No carry-ons above the head
+ Snack basket
+ All the alcohols available at the FCL self-service bar
+ Complete amenity kit available on all flights (except the short ones)
+ Professionalism of the crew (most of the time)
+ Doors of the suite adding privacy

And some cons :
+ Useless minibar taking a lot of space
+ Not super comfortable seat. The leather is not soft. I understand that the new seat on B777 is far better.
+ Suites not designed for couples
+ The new Byredo travel-well kit is .. black, which is a cleaving colour for cosmetics. (I don't like it)
+ Cheap pen. The new black one is horrible.
+ Pajama always too large
+ Sometimes, some equipment is tired. Ex : overhead lamp coming out, seat not locked at take-off position, etc