Old Sep 15, 18, 11:14 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Gatwick Band 1 Afternoon Tea
LGW-EDI BA2944 15:45 hrs.

A nearly full flight from Gatwick to Edinburgh brings my flying week to an end. Gatwick uses Alpha Catering rather than Do&Co, and there are some differences.

Three cabin crew for an A319 with 1 spare seat in Club, 3 spare in ET,. 19 passengers in CE with just the CSM serving.

Unlike post 36 upthread, we definitely got the Rodda’s clotted cream, thank goodness. The choice was the same as LHR, sandwiches or Ploughman's. I went for the latter and as was the case previously the Scotch egg on LHR turns into a kind of sausage roll out of Gatwick. It's edible but that is the most enthusiasm I can muster.

The scones aren't as good, but luckily they aren't the mini scones that LGW used to have some years ago, it's a full sized version now. They are drier and more crumbly than the Do&Co offering. There is less fruit in the LGW version, but for the plain scone the gap is smaller. Which also means there were plenty of scones left for “seconds”.

Still it is a good improvement on the previous offering.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Sep 15, 18 at 12:43 pm