FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Combine Accounts Update
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:37 am
TravelinSperry

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
So I just combined accounts (as everything looked good prior in my 2 separate accounts) and all went somewhat smoothly. I can no longer log on using my old Marriott number and/or password and can solely use my new SPG # and password (which is what I wanted).

My annual nights, total points, SNA balance, and upcoming reservations are correct. However my lifetime status is gone. Does it take 72 hours for that to return/show properly?

Also I went to collect my Annual Choice (as post combination I am now over 50 but below 75) however it said:

We’re sorry

You're not yet eligible to choose an Annual Choice Benefit. Once you stay at least 50 eligible nights in a qualifying period, you'll get to choose one of these Annual Choice Benefits:
  • Five Suite Night Awards™
  • The gift of Silver Elite status for a friend or family member
  • Five Elite Night Credits
  • $100 (USD) donation to UNICEF
  • 40% off your favorite hotel bed
Continue to stay and reach 75 eligible nights, and you'll get to make an additional selection with the added options of a Free Night Award or the opportunity to gift Gold Elite status.

BOOK NOW
View past choices
*Qualified members will be able to select their annual choice gift within 48 hours of night threshold achievement.

Does this also take 48-72 hours before I can collect it?
UPDATE: Slightly less than 48 hours after combining my accounts, the Annual Choice benefit appeared and my Lifetime status is correct on both Starwood & Marriott.

It's only one data point but if your accounts are correct now - I'd say it's safe to combine them. If they are NOT correct separately I'd wait until both are correct before combining. But once correct the combining process works as it should (at least in my case).