FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Air Canada New meal offerings for International Business Class Customers
Old Sep 15, 2018, 8:34 am
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by longtimeflyin
I've often wondered why Air Canada doesn't take the effort to put that red sauce for your fish dish in a nice proper sauce holder/e.g. china. Leaving it just like the way it is is incredibly tacky, but then again, heating up plates is of course a much higher priority.
Well, AC does not serve the sauce like that. The galley FA puts it on the fish. Since I don't want it on my fish, I ask for it on the side. The fact that AC does not have small little sauce holders is because they don't design their meals to include them. However, at the least, it would be nice to have the side sauce served in the small dish they use to serve the nuts. But that requires time and creativity.

On another flight with photos upthread, I managed to get the photo of the fish without including the aluminum container of sauce. This recent AC 11 to PVG was delayed over an hour and the flight was almost cancelled, so I think the crew just wanted to get meal service going.

This was even worse with the return AC 18 and the 3 hour delay on the hot tarmac. The meal service was shortened and I think the SD and crew made the right decision.