FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos
Old Sep 14, 2018, 11:23 pm
BotB

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by T8191
That Beef looks lovely. A pot of horseradish, a bottle of Shiraz and a second roll and I would have been away!!

Cheers, BotB ^
It was excellent. They did go through a few times asking if anyone wanted a second roll or further drinks...can't help with the Shiraz though!

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I await orbitmic's view on the above. To me it looks like a pretty reasonable meal for a NCE length route, but I can understand the preference for a more substantial hot dish. Also note BotB's comment that only 3 beef loaded out of 8 meals for 8 pax - clearly could lead to disappointment.
It did (lead to disappointment). I didn't overhear everything but I believe there was a Gold in row 3 (F side) and although the CSM did greet the golds in row 1A and 3F, they may have forgotten to take 3F's choice before serving the rest of the cabin (or IIRC, at first 3F said they weren't hungry...) In any case, there was some back and forth as I believe the poor chap was only left with the Courgette salad as the other two options were gone by that stage and after a bit of back and forth, he did get something in addition to/other than that (but I believe it may have been one of the pilots meals (or bits taken from one) as I heard the cabin crew say one of pilots wasn't hungry and didn't want a meal)...I may have got that wrong and obviously wasn't privy to the whole conversation but just happened to hear snippets. Sit in row 1 or row 2 if you want roast beef I'd suggest.

Originally Posted by orbitmic
The part that puzzles me here is that I thought that the sole differentiator between bands 1 and 2 is that band 2 was supposed to get a nicer starter with a protein element (like one prawn). Yet, here you are band 2 and are getting the same coleslaw as band 1.... I wonder if the caterers are not understanding their own band r if I am the one not understanding them...
That puzzled me as well as from what I could see, the roast beef and the chicken caesar were the exact same meals as Band 1. I promise I didn't eat a prawn out of my starter before the pic! (Maybe the cabin crew did? ) I'm joking about the crew bit before anyone becomes outraged! Wonder if this was a mistake or Band 1 and 2 are the same but just with a third option?

Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
+1, horseradish or some nice mustard and I would be an even more very happy camper with that.
Oh yes, if there had been a spot of mustard with that it would have been perfect. ^

Originally Posted by orbitmic
At the moment I'm not due a CE for a little while but will comment. My intuitive reaction is that this is still a bit weak for band 2 but I'll reserve judgement till I try the actual thing. On the face of it, it now seems closer to LH quantities and style on similar route lengths, though still well below AF offerings for which hot food starts kicking in for significantly shorter flights.

As mentioned in an earlier post about loadings (3 beef salads for 8 pax or more), I also worry about people on band 4 being limited to the band 1 meal+cheese once the hot options have run out.
Agree, this was very much in line with what I've been getting with LH/OS meals in J EU SH flights...so very pleased with the change personally.

Definitely worth sitting in row 1 or 2 for food choice it seems though, especially for longer band 3 or 4 flights.

Safe travels everyone. Off to VIE in two weeks in CE so will see what that brings...