FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA CityFlyer catering | guide, reviews and photos
Old Sep 14, 2018, 3:08 pm
Oaxaca

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Indeed it is noticeable that the Medium CE losers (and apparently they are new LHR/LGW band 2 losers also) get better catering from LCY. The LCY version of a salad of better quality and quantity at lunchtime and a hot meal in the evening is, I think, the correct offering (I would personally like a salad offering in the evening too, but I'm trying not to be too selfish in my demands...). That it is done from LCY only confirms by belief it's a (low) cost decision on BA mainline to continue under-providing on these routes, except MAD, which was upgraded for well documented reasons...

Mini-rant over, a few pics below of some CE menu items mentioned in zappomatic's excellent post above. I don't have a pic of the cod with green curry, or the tiger prawn with glass noodle salad, but have seen both and they look good. I've had the cold cut selection (not pictured) a few times, it's a decent choice though I normally take the crayfish salad over it. Also including pic of a Veg SPML ordered for Mrs O, it was plentiful and tasty, I had a little for the benefit of FT...

Cold meal: Smoked chicken & paprika bocconcini with houmous, Crayfish tail salad, Vanilla & coconut cheesecake

VGML (lunchtime flight, cold meal) - Asparagus tip with houmous & pomegranate seeds, Fusilli pasta salad in tomato sauce with asparagus tips, cherry tomatoes & radish, chocolate mousse cake.

Cold meal: Bresaola with sunblush tomato & turmeric houmous, Spicy pulled beef salad (I really enjoyed this), Chocolate mousse cake.

Hot dinner: Mixed salad, Cod with paprika gnocchi (decent, but fish was a bit overdone), choc mousse cake

Hot dinner: Mixed salad, chicken & chorizo risotto with sugar snap peas (tasted better than it looked, but not a star dish), Vanilla & coconut cheesecake