FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HI Hong Kong (HKG) Golden Mile Master Thread
Old Sep 14, 2018, 9:41 am
mcgahat

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Gongzuokuang
I often stay at Golden Mile while attending trade fairs at AsiaWorld (the convention center at the airport). So daily I am going roundtrip from the hotel to the airport and back. Always via the airport express. And I will mostly take a taxi. I've tried the shuttle a few times, but I grow impatient at all the stops it makes between the station and the hotel.

Because it's low cost, I really don't pay much attention. A taxi might be 50-60 HKD. Maybe a little more with bags... certainly under 100HKD... or about $13 USD. The shuttle, of course, is cheaper.

The worst part is waiting for the taxi at Kowloon. When you get off the train you'll bear left to queue for the taxis, and it can often be upwards of a 30 minute wait. (If the line is long, then I will take the shuttle.)
You do make some good points but the shuttle is free. For one person, the Airport Express and tax is fine but for two.....I just take a taxi the whole way as the price is about the same. I change it up all the time based on my mood though, last time I did A21 bus to the hotel and then used Klook for a cheap ticket for us back to the airport.

I don't think there is a wrong answer between the three options though, just personal preference.