View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 18, 5:13 am
Tafflyer

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I have had this in Faro and Lisbon. Useless security that makes the rules up as they feel fit. Last time denied in Faro was because my gold coloured Club Europe boarding pass did not explicitly say "Fast Track". I went back to the check-in desk to fetch an agent who promptly "educated" the fast track guard that BA business class always gets fast track. The time spent fetching the agent, who was well used to doing this, was far less than the time I would have wasted in the slow security line. I do very much love the Portuguese but sometimes they are seriously organisationally challenged.

I have also been denied boarding at LIS when presenting to the gate at just over 20 minutes before departure. The airport is such a mess right now that any opportunity to close a flight punctually is sometimes over-enthusiastically taken. This was TAP but I had the agent sign my boarding pass that it was still 23 minutes before departure and I successfully claimed EU261 denied boarding. They fought it all the way, denying I was there on time until my lawyer sent them a copy of the boarding pass as part of legal discovery. They paid up then and got hit for legal costs too.

I assume you have some call records of when you called the GGL line, or perhaps some witness to confirm you were at the gate before the published closing time? If so, pursue this. Otherwise, remember in Portugal to not leave it so tight.