FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cat 2/3 in Shanghai - any experience?
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:13 pm
SP03

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I’ve stayed at both Yu Garden and City Center recently. I think the City Center is definitely more upscale with nicer rooms. Yu garden has a nicer tub if you care for those sort of things. The executive lounge is much nicer and bigger with better view at City Center if you can get access.

The locations are both convenient. I like how close The Renaissance is to the Yu Garden and it’s convenient to subway.

City Center is close to Nanjing Road which is another must visit.

There’s prob slightly more food options close to City Center so if you don’t get hotel breakfast as Gold then City Center May be slightly better.

I personally dont think Putou location is as convenient for tourists.

Im actually going to shanghai in two days. Looked at all the options and decided to stay at the courtyard Xujiahui. It’s a cat 2 and was only 10k a night so 40k for 5 nights. It’s a pretty convenient location with lots of shopping and food nearby. And metro not far from hotel. However, I’m mostly picking it because I’ll be there for 15 nights so the cost is somewhat substantial. If you are only there for 5 nights and mostly as a tourist. Then I would prob go with either city center or Yu garden.

My first night in Yu garden as a pre merger Gold was in a pretty standard room but when I returned I got upgraded to a bigger room with nice view.