FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Passage to India with stops in Qatar, Sri Lanka and Scandinavia (AA, QR, UL in J)
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:41 pm
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
Clarion Hotel & Congress Malmo Live

Standard Room

I chose this hotel because it was about 50% less expensive than a comparable hotel in Copenhagen and it was pretty convenient to get to/from there the airport. Malmo is a much smaller town than Copenhagen and there wasn't a whole lot going on. This hotel seemed to be a hot spot, though. There was a lot of activity in the lobby and a large event being hosted at the congress halls connected to the hotel.

My room had a view of the inner atrium area, which was also host to a cocktail party when I checked in. As a result, the noise level in my room was quite high. I tried to call the front desk to have them switch me to another room, but the phone just rang and no one ever picked up. Great service. So I decided to go out and grab a quick bite to eat for dinner before going to bed at a reasonable hour. I just hoped the room would be quieter upon my return.

Room

Room

View

Room

Room

Hot Dog Stand
Very tasty hot dog for dinner

After getting a hot dog and some snacks from the nearby supermarket, I headed back to the hotel and was asleep in bed by 8PM. Luckily, the cocktail party was over and the room was quiet for the rest of my stay.

I got up around 7AM and headed down to the breakfast buffet since it was included in the room rate. The hotel put on a very nice breakfast buffet. Not as good as I'd experienced in Asia, but definitely better than the typical buffet one sees in Europe. I particularly liked the make your own waffle station, though they definitely get dinged for not having maple syrup.

After a quick bite to eat, I checked out and made the quick walk to the train station. The streets were deserted. It began down pouring right as I got to the station.

Malmo

Malmo

Malmo

Malmo

Malmo

Malmo

Malmo

Malmo

Malmo

Malmo

Malmo

Malmo