FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - We’re not price gouging, blame the airports ..
Old Sep 13, 2018, 4:33 am
Platy

Originally Posted by justinbrett
Exactly - there's a difference between being run by and for the government. I have less issues with the "run for" model. I have big issues with the "run by" model.

Platy - life has changed since the 80s, especially the aviation industry. You really just can't compare it - running a major international airport in the 2020s is completely different to what it was 30-40 years ago. Just look at Qantas. If it was still state owned we'd be propping it up with taxes for sure.

Also, I think we can keep the personal attacks on political beliefs out of this. Just saying.
It is Sydney Airport which is the subject of this thread.

Sydney Airport was run by SACL before privatisation. There was a minor name change after privatisation (still SACL).

The privatised Sydney Airport is price gouging consumers and therefore on the radar of the ACCC (see my citation in earlier thread).

And then to the other subject of this thread, Qantas - which was begging the government for taxpayers money as a privately run company just a few years ago.

So much for the benefits off privatisation.

(Happy to keep on topic if you can resist making irrelevant comments about gender training: which I will always challenge since promoting such ignorance contributes to serious impacts on the lives of children and others in the community).

Last edited by Platy; Sep 13, 2018 at 5:06 am