FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Osaka (Left Hyatt 30 June 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Sep 13, 2018, 3:42 am
OsakaWino

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by hailstorm
I don't recall it taking more than ten minutes to walk from the RC Osaka, or the more reasonably priced hotel across the street where I did my laundry.
I'm sure you're correct. I was just ballparking it, and I'm a slow walker. I probably should have said 10-30 min, since I imagine that there are a number of hotels from which it is possible to walk to JR Osaka in about 10 minutes, assuming one knows the way and does not end up fighting against heavy pedestrian traffic. The IC would look to take less time than it does based solely on distance, but the couple of times I've walked it has been like swimming upstream.

The point I was trying to make is that the trip from the HR to JR Osaka might add anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes travel time vs a more central location, but to some people that might not be a significant difference for taking a day trip to Nara or Hiroshima if there are some other advantages of staying at the HR. But of course I agree with you that a central location would be better absent of a specific reason (such as the excellent P&C rate) to stay at the HR.