FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aeroplan event (Vancouver club) September 11
Old Sep 12, 2018, 11:07 pm
canadiancow
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
Common sense suggests that Aeroplan had identified a target demographic for its Vancouver dinner and that it involved much more than inviting super elites.

Yes, AC's FFs have value. However, there is enough information collected to differentiate between FFs. Aeroplan can target the super elites who also spend big money on consumer purchases, or who demonstrate desired customer demographics., like being a resident of the Greater Vancouver region. There are various analytics that can be run to identify who they want. Just because someone is a Super Elite or 1MM may not necessarily have made the person of interest to the sponsor(s) of this event. I wasn't invited, but I draw on the inspirational words of Gloria Gaynor, and proclaim that I will survive.
Well my first question is whether there are Diamonds with "Vancouver" as the city in their Aeroplan profile who were not invited.

Next, I agree that 100k miles is not the same as 1M or 10M miles, and some Diamonds are more valuable to Aeroplan than others.

Any mention of SE is irrelevant, because SE just triggers extra space for you on AC flights when booking through Aeroplan. Aside from that, Aeroplan doesn't care.

That being said, when you're known as a "frequent flyer program", it seems odd to only consider local residents, when it's quite likely that a bunch of your high points earners are traveling at any given time, and may be free to attend a dinner.

It doesn't sound like any people based outside of Vancouver were invited.