FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2018 4th Quarter MegaBonus promo, 26 Sept - 31 Jan 2019
Old Sep 12, 2018, 7:08 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by JoeWoodstock
All the professional services/consultants I know usually stay 3-4 nights per trip. Sales, on the other hand, is more a night here, a night there.

--woodstock
I think you're right in connection with professional services/consultants who are working on implementation. They often stay the week which makes this program poor for them because they have a lot of nights but not many stays.

Other professional services working at a strategic or program level and sales tend to have a night here, a night there with few two night stays unless they are lucky enough to string a couple of things together. That makes this program poor for them since they have a lot of one night stays, but not two night stays.

So ... I'm having a hard time figuring out "who" this is supposed to motivate. It's just bad all the way around -- particularly since I'm confident Marriott reservations must be down for this quarter since the reservation system has been so problematic and the average guest won't deal with it.

As for the bonuses for trying new brands, I get that. It encourages Marriott people to check out an Aloft or an Element and SPG people to check out a CY or a FI. But ... that being said, they all are to be avoided unless I'm in middle America (which I often am) and those are the only choices. Still that has logic from a marketing approach.

One month into the new program, and I'm not seeing any value or different recognition (maybe less so far) as someone who already as 100 actual nights this year with Marriott. It's as if Mr. Flueck doesn't realize that I have also enough Hyatt and Hilton nights to have low level tiers there.