FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Wellington {NZL}
View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:01 pm
PeterBruce

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond; Celebrity Elite Plus. Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer
Another great stay on Monday night. Welcomed back, very positively. After my first stay, I offered feedback, and was thanked for a suggested improvement idea, which has been implemented to modify the location of a facility for ease of use. The team were mainly people I had met before. All the Diamond courtesies offered, and even more pleasing, was given the suite "01", as it is at the end of the corridor, where the building is widest.

Lounge area.

Bed [between entry/bathroom and lounge/window].

From the lounge back to the door entry.

Bathroom.
I have eaten in the hotel's Spring restaurant three times - this visit, the Lamb Shanks Roganjosh exceeded the Chicken Cannelloni of the previous visit, which just beat the pork belly into third place. There are currently lunch specials attempting to encourage local workers to experience the restaurant. If I lived in Wellington, it would easily be my "go to" restaurant, far better than many of the commercial, well known restaurants on the waterfront [and very value priced]. A very suitable place for dinner out and celebratory meals. The kitchen is visible [and audible - in a great way] from the dining area, and service is welcoming. If you do choose to stay elsewhere, then have a dinner treat at Spring. I am not usually one for dining in the hotel restaurant - my modus operandi in Wellington is completely reversed. AND..so central on Lambton Quay, almost midway between the Station and Maners Street/Courtney Place. Roll on December for my next two night stay!

Last edited by PeterBruce; Sep 12, 2018 at 4:03 pm Reason: correct spelling