FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Investigating Theft of Personal and Financial Data
Old Sep 12, 2018, 2:10 pm
MeltingAlf

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
FYI, NatWest changed its tack:

We are aware that British Airways has suffered a data breach from 21st August until 5th September which includes data for some of our customers. As a precaution, for our impacted customers, we will be sending you a new card shortly and will advise you when it’s on its way. In the meantime, you can continue to use your existing card, until your new card arrives.
Was kinda funny given that I was offered a replacement if I wanted when calling up the fraud team (panicked and called them up because of a random deduction that I couldn't see which turned out to be only Amazon Prime, grrr) before my 13 hour flight (chose not to until at least until a time where I was back at my address for a prolonged period of time); and then offered with this message after landing from said flight at Heathrow.

I think it does speak volumes when they decided to change tack and placed a stop on my card that couldn't be removed until the new card arrives days later because of the data breach - I can't even withdraw cash or do offline transactions right now with the physical card.