FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Passage to India with stops in Qatar, Sri Lanka and Scandinavia (AA, QR, UL in J)
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:49 pm
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
Jet Airways Economy Class: Jaipur - Delhi

Jet Airways
Economy Class (Y)
Discounted Economy Class Fare
9W162: JAI-DEL (Jaipur to Delhi)
5 September 2018
ATR 72 (One Class Configuration)
VT-JCW
Seat 17D (moved to 18D)

Departure: 04:00PM
Arrival: 05:15PM

We arrived at the Jaipur airport around 3:00PM. I bid Mr. Satya farewell and thanked him for his excellent driving over the past few days. I also made sure to give him a sizable tip, as he really did a lot of work and with a great attitude the whole time. He would be making the long 6 hour drive back to Delhi without me. Though it's only a distance of 130 miles, the going is slow and I didn't relish the thought of a further 6 hours spent in the car. So I'd opted to fly back to Delhi.

The original plan had me on a 7:30PM flight with IndiGo. However, since I'd finished the tour early, I decided to buy a ticket on the 4PM flight with 9W. Luckily, walk up fares were only $50 USD, which was totally fine with me. I believe the lower fare buckets go for around $20. Despite the fact that I turned up an hour before the flight, the Jet Airways ticket counter was able to sell me a ticket without any issues. This was actually my first time buying an airline ticket so close to departure, so the experience was a bit strange.

Once ticketed, I went into the terminal and waited at my gate to board. My plan showed up at the airport 30 minutes later and it wasn't long before we were on the shuttle bus heading to the plane.

The flight was short and uneventful. Except that the fellow next to me in 17F had horrendous body odor. Every time he raise his arm, the stench would whack me in the face. It was enough to make me gag more than once. Once in the air, I found that 18D was empty, so I moved to that seat in order to avoid his stench. 18F was empty so I got two seats to myself. Worked out pretty well.

VT-JCW

VT-JCW

Legroom
Minimal legroom, but sufficient for a 30 minute flight

Free Meal
Veg or chicken options.

Free Meal
Got it out of morbid curiosity and had a couple bites. Not too bad.

VT-JCW
On the ground in Delhi

Once we got to DEL, I went to arrivals and ordered an Uber to my hotel. The plan was to have dinner and catch a few hours of sleep before my onward flight to CMB.