FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos
Old Sep 12, 2018, 1:19 pm
bwaflyer

Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
Just off the WAW/864 flight and got to say I thought the food was excellent, or at least a a material improvement on what had gone before.

Choice of the beef salad up the thread, sausage and mash and a gnocchi ratatouille. I opted for the bangers and was pretty impressed. The sausages were a good quality, the gravy tasted like it wasn’t just granules, the peas and beans looked green and tasted fresh, and the mash was fine. The starter - a fennel and apple remoulade (I guess) tasted fresh and zingy. Pudding was a passion fruit panna cotta (or similar - no menus handed out) and tasted pretty good. The cheese was OK - nice new crisp read, and the pickle tasted good enough for me. Bread seemed different, a bit more interesting and it tasted, well, bready! Different butter.

Sadly no photo, apologies, I wolfed it down.

The only low point was the wine. There’s only one choice per colour and it was a Calvert Malbec for rouge. Perhaps that’s unchanged, I rarely drink wine in CE, but it was pretty poor.

The lovely CSM also suggested that afternoon tea is being un-enhanced back. We shall see. But thumbs up generally from me.
there should be two choices of white, and two of red (as per the menu photos above).