FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Europe catering | menus, reviews and photos
Old Sep 12, 2018, 6:28 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Band 1 lunch

And so to Brussels. This is normally a very short flight, longer than LBA but shorter than NCL. This was BA394, with a 12.20 hrs departure, we arrived 5 minutes early on a fast flight.

The options for lunch were rare beef salad, or goats cheese and beetroot salad. Both options had the same slaw accompaniment and the mango passion fruit panna cotta. This time we definitely had the different signature bread rolls, and the new Union coffee, I guess my EDI service was using up the bread stocks.

The beef was excellent, a good choice and the horseradish had a good kick without being overpowering. And I liked both the new bread and the dessert. The slaw wasn't terribly exciting but not in a bad way. And the whole tray was certainly filling, given the short flight timings.

The crew struggled with the to get everything completed, and were held up by the need to familiar with the new product.They did get everyone served, but some of them would have been 16 minutes to landing, so only a brief period of time to eat. And this was with very experienced cabin crew. However as we have seen elsewhere, usually it takes a few weeks for changes to get embedded and then things tend to speed up.

This flight was on an A319, Eurofleet. 4 crew with 2 pursers in CE. Not completely full, but nearly full. There were 7 rows for CE, and 25 passengers in Club.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Sep 12, 2018 at 7:46 am