FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Suite Night Awards - SNA - questions and discussion thread
Old Sep 11, 2018, 11:07 pm
StatusChallenged

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by azj
Booked a 4 night reservation and applied the SNA's. I needed to modify the reservation by one night and their brilliant website wouldn't let me. I thought it would be easy to just cancel and rebook, which I did, but now it won't let me apply the SNA's. My account reflects them and the instructions are there to apply them, but when I attempt that, there is no way to do it. I called the Plat line... after waiting 30 min on hold, finally got someone. First, she couldn't see the reservation. Then she tells me that because I earned the SNA's in the SPG program, they're not eligible for Marriott properties. I pushed back on that assertion and she put me on hold to ask someone. I've now been on this call for over an hour and I'm still on hold. THe rep just came back on the line telling me I can't apply the SNA because I'm within 5 days of the booking. Only I'm at 8 days to check-in. The only solution she offered was to transfer me to Marriott, which I thought I had been talking to this whole time, since, you know... I dialed the Marriott Plat number.

Update 1... still on hold and have logged out of my reservation via the SPG entry into the website and logged into the Marriott entry and my reservation shows canceled! 1:22 on this call now.

Update 2... back on hold after being told my reservation was randomly canceled and that she rebooked it. She also advised that SNA's are not eligible for prepaid reservations made on the website. I'm insisting I not get charged for any of this and will rebook a non prepaid room. I'm at the 1:45 mark at this point.

Update 3... 2 hours later, I have no reservations. I'll rebook with a non prepaid rate and hopefully apply the SNA's. So pis sed right now.

Update 4... after all that BS, I rebook my room and I get this lovely message when attempting to apply the SNA, even though there are the entry level suites available to book and I had successfully applied the SNA's at this property in the original booking. Is this more of Marriott changing the rules as we go? Suite Night Awards cannot be applied to this reservation because there may be not Standard Suites or other premium rooms available during your selected dates, or the hotel may not participate in Suite Night Awards.

Update 5... I called the hotel directly and explained the situation as well as my frustration. Long story short, she upgraded my reservation to a suite! I can be happy with that. =)

I should have just left my original reservation as is and stayed the extra night that I don't need anymore.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Between this, their incredibly glitchy website that often has wrong account info (still) and how this whole thing has unfolded, I'm beyond frustrated. How long is long enough to let them get their act together?
1) Couldn't apply SNA's, customer service said it wouldn't be possible.
2) I called again late at night, got through, they said it was possible and did so.
3) SNA's disappeared from my account, as did my reservation, with an email telling me i canceled my reservation
4) Call CS, they mention they re-attached reservation to my account
5) SNA is confirmed, 1 week out
6) today, reservation disappears again, SNA's re-deposited back into my account
7) CS insists my reservation is still tied, but I just can't access or see or change it
8) Stay is in 4 days now...going to double check 2 days before