FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do&Co win massive catering deal (from 2020) for BA in LHR and IB & I2 in MAD
Old Sep 11, 2018, 9:53 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Do&Co's LHR kitchen will be familiar to many here, it's over the road from the Hilton Garden Inn at Hatton Cross. Currently it provides the shorthaul catering and the JFK service. I'm guessing the addition of all of longhaul and Iberia will add so much extra workload that it will need to add to the company's premises.

Newrest - who have a chequered history in terms of management buy-outs, already supply BACF / LCY from their Barking kitchen. They don't have a production facility in the LGW area so I presume they too are going to create one near there - I'm not sure it's a great idea to send trucks from their LHR facility at Poyle (near T5) around the M25 every day.

The big losers here are Alpha catering, who currently do LGW's short and longhaul (and on shorthaul it wasn't as good as LHR frankly). Their owner is dnata. And Gate Gourmet, who do longhaul LHR apart from JFK.