FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changi Village
Thread: Changi Village
View Single Post
Old Sep 11, 2018, 7:20 pm
SQTraveller

Originally Posted by invisible
Agree on Lau Pa Sat and Newton but what is wrong about Changi Village and Maxwell? Main population of customers there definitely are not tourists and Lau Pa Sat mainly serves people from nearby office buildings on work days.

If the criteria is to avoid well known hawker centers or these which are next to MRT, just because they might cause tourist attention, I am not sure this approach is the correct one. Because in this case Tiong Bahru, Zion Road, Old Airport, Khatib and Geylang hawker centers should be excluded (because they are well known) while food there is quite good.
Maybe I was a bit excitable, so Maxwell is an acceptable place to eat. However, I stand by my comments on LPS for sure. Lau Pa Sat is distinctly average. It is only still in existence because of the monopoly it has on the office workers, not because office workers enjoy eating there. I don't know why guide books send people there. And for the love of all that is holy, please do not eat the satay. It is overcooked minced meat on a stick - you might as well go to Arab Street where they do far superior minced meat kebabs. I would actually recommend people go to Chinatown and eat at Hong Lim Food Centre.