FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Suite Night Awards - SNA - questions and discussion thread
Old Sep 11, 2018, 3:11 pm
tvtd

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Your use of SNAs is either approved for your entire stay or not, and you cannot use SNAs unless you have enough of them for the entire stay.
Thanks for that clarification MSP, that adds some understanding to my mind.

Forgive the ensuing rant.

I like the idea of the SNA, but their execution leaves much to be desired. Five SNAs does absolutely nothing for me as my stays tend to be three or four nights. What am I supposed to do with the one or two left over aside from letting them expire? Then there’s the other end of the spectrum. This week I’m at a Westin but the SNAs can’t be applied because of the reservation structure (I’m almost always part of a group booked through a corporate contract), verbiage which came from the app. The full website won’t even give me that level of explanation as the reservation pushes to a leftover SPG look.

My upgrade rate is less than 10%, spending more time trying to get SNAs to work seems to be even more of a fruitless endeavor when the only thing I hope for is a room away from elevators which is clean and in a quiet hall. I don’t know why I foolishly chose the 5 SNAs as the first Choice Benefit. I should have selected the 40% Mattress Coupon as I’m in the market and the Free Night for the second Choice Benefit.

Rant done.