FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A Passage to India with stops in Qatar, Sri Lanka and Scandinavia (AA, QR, UL in J)
Old Sep 11, 2018, 1:42 pm
swingaling

Programs: AA EXP
Radisson Blu Agra Taj East Gate Hotel

Radisson Blu Agra Taj East Gate Hotel
Standard King Room with Taj View (yeah right)

As soon as I'd had a chance to look around the room, I regretted this hotel. I seriously considered switching to a different hotel, but ended up staying since I didn't want to deal with the hassle of changing hotels.

Alright, so this is supposedly a five star hotel. Supposedly. I'd call it a 3 star. Or perhaps one of the worst five star hotels in the world. Certainly the absolute worst five star I've ever stayed in (by an enormous margin). The room was noisy (lots of hallway noise). The view was terrible. Supposedly I had a Taj view room. You could just barely see the dome of the Taj out the window, but it was so faint that it didn't even show up in photos.

The fit and finish in the bathroom is pretty terrible. The hotel was built in 2011, so clearly build quality was terrible if it's already showing such signs of wear.

Room

Room

Room

Room

Room

Room

Room

Taj View

Taj View

Taj View
The Taj is to the left of the tall palm tree in the distance (left of the pink rooftops). You can just barely make it out. So, yeah, it's a Taj view. Right.

The room service was mediocre at best, but was ridiculously expensive. The hotel employee who delivered the food had the most revolting body odor; I was literally gagging when he was in the room. And the smell lingered; it was really strong and offensive.

Dinner
Chicken, Veggies and Gulab Jamun

Dinner
Chicken

Dinner
Veggies

Breakfast buffet was included in the room rate and it was pretty mediocre. Got some eggs to order, which was nice, but that's about it.

Breakfast Buffet

Overall, I'd never stay here again. It was dirt cheap and you get what you pay for. Never again.

I was so put off by my experience here that I ended up changing my Jaipur hotel to a better property. I did not regret that one bit, but I'll get to that later.