FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Events program between Aug 18, 2018 and end of 2019
Old Sep 11, 2018, 8:05 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Bigger picture?

I know this is FT, but let's look at some facts:
MR/SPG merger has a ton of issues needing to be addressed following the migration of accounts to the new platform (account data missing, miscalculated, accounts locked out). IT is scrambling to fix.
Reservations are not posting to the accounts correctly (using old SPG numbers, going to different accounts than expected, missing components). IT is scrambling to fix.
Members are calling in about known issues but are impatient since it's their account at issue. IT is scrambling to fix.
All legacy systems (i.e, CC account credits) need updated with new account numbers, especially where member has combined accounts. IT is scrambling to fix.
Members are combining accounts making accounts a moving target where corrections are needed. IT is trying to address.

IT needs to prioritize what gets attention first and work their way through the list. There are solutions for all of this. I can see them holding up batch processing to reduce the number of moving parts to chase down. I can also see some of the processes being put in place before they should have been (like the new Rewarding Events rules being applied to previous events and blocking the nights). It it wasn't MR, I would believe they are aware of these issues and they will be addressed as they get to the end of the priority issues. Given, as I suspect, they are rushing to address the more urgent issues, I would suggest holding off pushing on anything that is not absolutely urgent to be resolved. Maybe as they have been assessing these problems a process to allow the CSRs, or speciality team, to go in and make appropriate adjustments. And most importantly educate their staff what issues are still outstanding and how to address issues.

So for now, I suggest chill. Keep notes about what has happened and what is missing. With the volume they are dealing with right now, you might not like their response.