FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - S7 is continuing to slip
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:15 pm
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
A few thoughts on S7. I think their customer service is excellent, a lot better than what you get with the majors in Europe these days. Booking, rebooking, confirming and cancelling tickets, no problem, all efficient, excellent English. I booked S7 from DME to DUS in Economy Basic and paid about EUR107 for a One Way, a bargain I think. It turned out that the flight was operated by Globus LLC, although there was very little evidence to that fact except for a small mention of Globus on the inflight safety card. I was assigned 30B right at the back in the last row, and I stuck with it. This non reclining middle seat was extremely tight, especially if the pax in front reclined. Other options were RUB400, for another seat, RUB1,900 for a legroom seat and RUB8,000 for Business class. This latter does not offer extra miles or lounge access, just an expensive meal on the plane, so it is a bad deal (I might consider it up to a maximum of RUB5,000).

Inflight service was excellent, ŕ l'ancienne. Service on this 3h20 flight began with a trolley run of water (still or sparkling) and juice (orange, apple, tomato). Then a choice of hot meals were distributed, fish with rice or chicken with pasta (I had the former) along with a cardboard box containing, a slice of bread, packaged soft cheese, a roll with chicken liver paté, and a chocolate biscuit to accompany the subsequent service of tea/coffee, of which refills were offered. Really good, compared to what LX, BA or SN are offering these days.

A cabin crew member told me that you can identify S7 Airlines flights because they are operated by Airbus and Embraer, whereas Globus (GH) flights are operated with the Boeing 737-800. IS there any way to book Globus flights under the GH code?