FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:10 pm
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by no longer atc
Any ideas how to appeal?
It's certainly a fluid explanation, but curiously short on meaningful specifics. The writer has an excellent career in politics ahead of him/her. The key point ducked is "could easyJet have had a spare crew available in LGW - and spare aircraft - so as to catch up on previous delays"? A key piece of evidence here would be other services on other airlines - ATC does not discriminate (as you will know!) and if one airline is badly affected by ATC, on paper all of them would be.

Personally, if I was determined to get my Euros of flesh out of OrangeCo, I would give 16 days notice to pay the correct compensation, then get the evidence together to take it to MCOL, so long as you have enough persuasive evidence that easyJet could have avoided this with more resources, and / or mitigated it better (e.g. rebooking those affected on to earlier sevices). But it will need some homework and as much background information that you can muster, particularly on alternative flights that were running.