FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:10 am
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Between spending apparently not counting toward the ambassador threshold and the loss of elite-qualifying nights, there isn't much of an incentive to hold events at Marriott properties anymore. I do about $250,000 a year in events.
It all depends upon your goals. If maintaining elite status is the goal, then that's been shot down. But if MPG points have value, then they make sense. As I recall the early days of the program, I believe the intent was to get assistants that don't get to travel like their coworkers that are on the road day in and day out and they may be bragging about their benefits and perks received. This program passed some of those benefits along to keep MR properties in their minds when making office arrangements. Members jumped on and learned how to play the game and bump their status and that's now being cut back. All to often we only think of ourselves and don't acknowledge those that really make things happen for us. Imagine if you had to pass on 10% of your loyalty benefits on to your support staff? And before the flames get turned to high, there are many of us that plan and book our own travel plans, and that's fine. But again, when this got started, assistants were in the loop more than not.