FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - status match Imposible?
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2018, 3:55 am
amnicoll

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by ermen
i think the criteria for MH status matches is very plain and transparent.

i dont have much sympathy for OP here given they failed to properly read the terms and conditions for the SC match which had been laid out for the whole world to see on their website (and having the 50K or whatever points transfer into Enrich is quite a high hurdle).

impossible or not impossible to achieve is irrelevant - i mean MH is not indebted to the OP or obliged to give accelerated status. OP can always reject the status match criteria and choose to build status on MH the old fashion way.

what's not right though is that MH took 2 months to reply instead of the 2 weeks.
You make a fair point in that I only read the top part of the process as far as submitting the relevant documentation (the three simple steps on the status match procedure)

However where I do diverge is that for a non Malaysian/resident the criteria are impossible and indeed I wonder how many Malaysians would qualify who were not already members.

Will I build up loyalty in the old fashioned way well much will depend on my experience when I fly with them after all having been loyal to Etihad for a number of years as the product went downhill them I went AWOL but certainly whilst the product was excellent and my status recognized I was not tempted by cheaper options