FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Regal Airport vs Marriott Skycity
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:42 pm
evergrn

Originally Posted by Chromie25
Not sure how familiar are you with the airport and its surroundings but given you have 2 kids and arriving at midnight I suggest Regal. Have stayed in Marriott and Regal before and you can't beat the convenience of Regal given it's a 3 min walk indoors (I would not suggest walking to Marriott in the middle of the night). Sounds like you only need a nice bed and decent breakfast - Regal will serve this purpose well. Any other option requires some form of transportation.
Really? As I'd mentioned above, a previous poster's comment about Regal really put me off and I promptly cancelled Regal and booked Marriott. Again, almost same price... actually Regal will be 200~300HKD more expensive than Marriott after factoring in breakfast. Other than the convenience factor, though, the other advantage of Regal would've been that it was a room with 4 single beds, as opposed to 4 of us sharing 2 double beds at Marriott.

My wife and I need more than just nice bed... we're actually a bit fussy about needing clean room, clean and crisp sheets and clean fluffy towels. We don't need 5-star necessarily, but we need clean property that's well-managed. We were talking about HGI above, but HGI would be like the last-resort option for us and we haven't stayed at a place like that in a long time. Do you think Regal would be up to our standard? If there're many of you who think highly of Regal, then I might reconsider/rebook Regal.