FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Regal Airport vs Marriott Skycity
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2018, 7:05 pm
mcgahat

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by evergrn
Problem with Novotel is that their twin beds are way too narrow to be shared by an adult and a child. I do recall the breakfast at Marriott being very good. Including breakfast for 4, Marriott (as would Regal) will exceed 2,000HKD total for the night. Makes me wonder if I should just suck it up and pay the 3,000HKG for the first night to start our stay at Conrad right from the get-go (at Conrad, breakfast is free). Then again I really don't want to take a late-night taxi down Lantau Hwy after a scary experience with a sleepy driver a few years ago.
Why not split the difference and just stay at the Hilton Garden Inn the first night? I am assuming you have some Hilton status thus the free breakfast comment about Conrad. I completely understand not wanting to pay full price for the Conrad with the late arrival but if you need to get into the city anyways......the stay at a hotel in the city. Even if it is just a cheaper hotel with no program affiliation. Hong Kong taxi driver can be a little quirky (like most) but always found them to be pretty good and safe....your driver experience is a one off I think.

I like the Marriott a lot but that rate is pretty high so I would be inclined to find something cheaper in the city myself.