FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using AA Miles for F from MLE: EY vs CX
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:55 pm
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Is there no availability for CX award travel on the MLE-HKG nonstop?
Otherwise, I see no compelling reason to fly through CMB. I was just there last week; the airport has all of 14 gates. If you had say 5+ hours of time, perhaps you could go into town, but it is a good 45 min each way, depending on traffic.
Oddly, I found the CX biz service between HKG and CMB to be better than between HKG and ORD. The crews were younger and more energetic, and they didn't seem to disappear. The main meal was far more substantial. I only wish that they would do an arrival meal rather than after takeoff for CMB-HKG.

I also visited The Pier in HKG. Yea a great lounge. The food was good. Probably the very best airport lounge shower I've ever seen. If you have to be stuck at an airport, this is a good place to hang out.
They do have massages, but both times I was there the wait was 3+ hours long, well beyond the time of my next flight. All that said, if I had enough time, I'd rather just go into town and have a real meal and do something.