FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:15 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
Your analogy makes no sense. A more apt comparison would be staying at a good hotel and requesting (through room service) a scone from their restaurant. I'd expect a fresh scone, if available. Popping down to SPAR for a pack of long life scones is not something I'd anticipate.
Well, no, that analogy does not work. My point was precisely that their restaurant does not do scones so all they offer is the convenience to source it from another restaurant! So here, your room service menu - if that is the analogy you want to use, is merely offering to get you scones from the next door hotel if you want.

You say that BA tells customers that they offer afternoon in the lounge, but if they do, I do not know where. I have never seen BA advertise that. A few of us know that BA will source tea from the F lounge if you ask (fat chance that I ever would but that is another matter!) but to my knowledge this is not publicised/advertised and certainly not well known, and it is just that - the convenience of getting you something from other lounges if you want. The same was true by the way of ice cream before it became official on the F menu.

PS: The burger has been on the lounge menu for years. Eating the same burger in the lounge (as opposed to the restaurant) doesn't magically transform the dish. I see a new item (falafel wrap) above, which someone kindly photographed. I haven't tried that. The focus has been on more formal dining. Pulling those same dishes into the more causal setting isn't great choice, for me.

Yes, the burger and the club sandwich have been here for years. Not that I order the burger more than once a year at most myself as I am not a sandwich person, but I suspect that those are the two most popular items of the whole menu. Somehow, a lounge is also about offering diversity to frequent customers like us whilst maintaining some staple offerings for those who are a lot more occasional. A few years ago, the QF F lounge tried to replace the club sandwich on its menu at SYD/MEL and there was the closest thing to a revolution in Australia. However, there is always at least one further sandwichwrap option (the wrap you mention now but there were others before, they change every 2 months).

I was fond of the CCR. The changes over the last years have not impressed. If it improves, I'll be the first to offer praise. I've read some points I agree with in the above posts. Some I don't. I don't have high or unrealistic expectations. The things I would like corrected are very basic.

Actually, I personally think that it was worse pre-changes but that may just be me.

Last edited by orbitmic; Sep 9, 2018 at 6:25 pm