FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 2018 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004
Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:18 pm
jason8612
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The calculation is explained at the top of the thread, but it's based on the whole journey, so ORD-RSA-LAX. So assume you booked both travellers in full Avios for the whole trip and then slice down from there. By all means put the details into this thread if you want them worked out. The surcharges should not be a fight issue, the second passenger may be since in the past BA have argued that GUFs and Twofers were "free", however they have lost a number of court cases on this. CEDR have given at least one ruling in the other direction, supporting BA's position (kind of, it was a somewhat unusual logic) so I would be seeking to go MCOL on this.

Sure.
2 pax. 1 pnr. 1x 2-4-1 plus guf2.
Total miles was 247,500 for both pax. (booked into J, guf2 to F)
(ORD-LHR 60,000 miles peak + LHR-JNB 62,500 miles off-peak + JNB-LHR 62,500 miles off-peak + LHR-LAX 62,500 miles off-peak)
Taxes and fees were USD 3949.68 for both pax.
I'm GGL And other pax is Gold.

Looking at the rules, could I fight for the $ difference? Wouldn't that be a significant difference? I never messed with downgrades, only with delays.