FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:25 am
AnaTravel

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I think the nature of a scone is a little on the dry side. I frequently ordered the scone from Caffe Nero and whilst lovely it was never that soft or moist - when cutting it would always crumble a bit for instance. One thing I like about the CCR is that you can go 'off-piste' and order other items. For instance I had a lovely sausage and egg sandwich with hash browns one time, and another had a lamb curry that wasn't on the menu.

Are 'pulled meats' convenient for the kitchen? Surely it is another job to pull the meat.
Like the poster above, I too doubt they are made on site. It is very easy to fork meat apart, whether prepared from scratch or bought in. The main time involved is in the cooking from scratch. If done authentically, it is tasty, as lots of people will attest.

If a scone is so stale that staff have to toast it (their admission), it's not a good sign. I don't expect just baked, homemade perfection. Just fresh enough to eat without turning to sawdust. Not an unreasonable standard, I'd have thought.