FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:47 am
AnaTravel

Originally Posted by orbitmic
I'm not sure I'm following? The whole lounge menu is simpler/faster options including club sandwich, burger, usually a curry, often a pasta, a salad, etc. So for instance, you currently have three different sandwich/lunch options. If anything, my sense is that the lounge menu focuses too much of the attention compared to - ultimately - limited choice for the main menu.

I don't want to put words into KARFA'smouth, but I suspect what he means is that all the items that you are mentioning here are items that are actually from the GF menu. So of course, they are available to you in the CCR, no problem, but they don't say much about CCR food quality since they are not part of the CCR own menu in the first place.

It reminds me of some Hollywood film where parents take their kid to a posh restaurant with exquisite food but all one of the children wants is a Big Mac. The maitre d'hôtel is wholly sympathetic as he fully gets that not everyone wants fancy food every day, and he sends one of his guys pick up a Big Mac at the nearby McDonald's and serves it to the delighted young lad. It's all great but of course, it would not make sense to use the Big Mac as a yardstick of how good the restaurant's food is as it is not theirs in the first place.
I've never had a 'Big Mac' in my entire life so I can't comment on the quality. They do deliver a consistent product from what I hear from others. Something that would be welcome from BA. I have eaten at the CCR, in the restaurant, many times.

Your analogy makes no sense. A more apt comparison would be staying at a good hotel and requesting (through room service) a scone from their restaurant. I'd expect a fresh scone, if available. Popping down to SPAR for a pack of long life scones is not something I'd anticipate. The customers in the Flounge should receive fresh scones too. If the quality was poor, denying my request would have been a smarter option.

The quality of the food in the first class lounge and the business class lounge is very similar, in my opinion. The CCR is consistently mediocre. 'Fancy' food? Most definitely not. Comfortable, if tired, surroundings.

PS: The burger has been on the lounge menu for years. Eating the same burger in the lounge (as opposed to the restaurant) doesn't magically transform the dish. I see a new item (falafel wrap) above, which someone kindly photographed. I haven't tried that. The focus has been on more formal dining. Pulling those same dishes into the more causal setting isn't great choice, for me.

Last edited by AnaTravel; Sep 9, 2018 at 9:32 am