FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:49 am
AnaTravel

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The toasted scone is a bit of a mystery. The GF scones would barely survived being sliced up for the toaster, they are too crumbly. I thought I was the only one to order scones in the CCR, they aren't on the menu, but they do tend to warm them up (or zap them? I don't actually know) unless you ask them not to do so. The scones are delivered within 24 hours of consumption, and often a lot less, there is very little storage room for food in T5, almost everything consumed anywhere in T5 is done on a JIT basis, so it's difficult to see how it could get stale.
This reply made me smile. The great mystery of the stale scone. It's impossible for BA to serve a stale scone? Being delivered within 24 hours of consumption doesn't indicate fresh. When the scones were freshly cooked is a far better indicator. Not when they were delivered. Having scones left out on the buffet for hours isn't helpful either. BA scones in F are hardly delicious regardless of freshness. Lastly, my tastebuds told me the scone was stale.