FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:39 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
I'd like a different approach to catering there. Satisfy those that want a long lunch with cheese but provide better options for those that want something different. The same applies to catering on first. I dread that menu. Let's have some lighter options available or snacks. I'd rather have a really good sandwich and a pot of tea than BA's tortured amuse-gueule offerings.
I'm not sure I'm following? The whole lounge menu is simpler/faster options including club sandwich, burger, usually a curry, often a pasta, a salad, etc. So for instance, you currently have three different sandwich/lunch options. If anything, my sense is that the lounge menu focuses too much of the attention compared to - ultimately - limited choice for the main menu.

Originally Posted by AnaTravel
It isn't an odd choice. If it wasn't available, people wouldn't be ordering it and receiving it.
I don't want to put words into KARFA'smouth, but I suspect what he means is that all the items that you are mentioning here are items that are actually from the GF menu. So of course, they are available to you in the CCR, no problem, but they don't say much about CCR food quality since they are not part of the CCR own menu in the first place.

It reminds me of some Hollywood film where parents take their kid to a posh restaurant with exquisite food but all one of the children wants is a Big Mac. The maitre d'hôtel is wholly sympathetic as he fully gets that not everyone wants fancy food every day, and he sends one of his guys pick up a Big Mac at the nearby McDonald's and serves it to the delighted young lad. It's all great but of course, it would not make sense to use the Big Mac as a yardstick of how good the restaurant's food is as it is not theirs in the first place.

Last edited by orbitmic; Sep 9, 2018 at 5:47 am