FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:38 am
AnaTravel

Originally Posted by KARFA

Tbh that’s a very odd choice of food in the ccr, scones and sandwiches. Whilst they will get you some from GF, they aren’t on the menus in the CCR. If they were stale I am not sure why we haven’t heard complaints on the GF food thread recently.

Like orbitmic I am struggling to recognise some of your comments about the lounge both regarding food and service and I have a reasonable number of visits over the years to draw upon. I find the new furniture very pleasant, and the terrace seems to have been markedly improved with the new furniture and layout - albeit I dont often sit out there.

Also on the point of reviews there have been plenty both here and on the TR board, I think there have been a few of the ccr within a broader F review within the last week alone, and of course there are always comments on this thread as well.
It isn't an odd choice. If it wasn't available, people wouldn't be ordering it and receiving it. It's a bit like champagne on request in the business lounges. Many don't know about it but it still exists. The new furniture is a mishmash of bad taste. The 'curtains' on the terrace look bizarre and block the view from the lounge out to the terrace. In my opinion, the CCR used to be quite elegant and comfortable. Now it strikes discordant notes and looks like they are trying to perk it up from jumble sale finds. We all have different views, of course. Some might love the changes. I don't.