FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2018
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:27 am
AnaTravel

Originally Posted by MarkFlies
I wonder if AnaTravel asked for an afternoon tea and they put together something not on the menu for her. That would explain the sandwiches and the scones.

This makes me think that often when I'm in the CCR, I often don't want a sit-down meal. If I have say 30 minutes, a drink and a healthy snack is what I'd like, particularly if I'll be dining on board. An afternoon tea actually sounds good. I'd also like some canapes or fresh nibbles. This means I can have a relaxing sit-down, a drink and a small bite.
I think you are right. I ordered the afternoon tea from a cabana. It looked like it had been cobbled together from the first lounge. I had never ordered this before but couldn't face the lunch menu that day. It isn't on the main menu but well known that it can be ordered. I'd like a different approach to catering there. Satisfy those that want a long lunch with cheese but provide better options for those that want something different. The same applies to catering on first. I dread that menu. Let's have some lighter options available or snacks. I'd rather have a really good sandwich and a pot of tea than BA's tortured amuse-gueule offerings.