FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to Maintain Marriott Status?
View Single Post
Old Sep 9, 2018, 5:18 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Personal European traveller here. I see some difficulties in maintaining 50 nights a year compared with the old spg program where I could invite my friends to stay at the same hotel as I do and get credit up to three rooms a night. Same with stay credit.
The 5 night earning award for p50 is also for the same current year so it's not possible to have those 5 nights for the next earning period. Big bummer.

The way I see it this is the way:
*Reserver a meeting gives me 10 night once every earning period. Down to 40 nights.
*Hope for a double night promotion but it can be difficult to score a personal 2-3 week holiday during those due to work etc. Promotions like that usually pop up whenever Marriott wants, usually off season.
*40 nights spread out through the year. Lager travels spring summer, new years eve. Could add up 40 nights but will be tough.

For Americans it's much easier with the 15 night from the cc. Europeans are left out as always. Sadly.
Like wise no +15 days credit cards for us here in Asia too although we do have under 100 a night options for MRs