FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qualifying for 2019 Platinum in 2018 by [25 SPG property] stays
Old Sep 8, 2018, 7:23 pm
Zacnlinc

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott BonVoy Titanium Elite, Marriott LT Plat.
Originally Posted by yurtripper
That's exactly what worries me. Now I have no way of being sure what my status is regarding these former stay credits, which makes it hard for me to plan remaining stays for the year. If I knew these stay credits would be properly recognised (as they were before Aug 18) then I could ensure that I had a few more stays before year end; if they don't get added back though, then it will all have been in vain.

It's the not knowing that's my biggest problem right now. If they turned around tomorrow and said that I could 100% forget any hope of having those stay credits reappear, I'd just cut my losses with MR/SPG and move all future stays to Hilton (where I'd have no problem maintaining Diamond as my main program).
You just need to stay in the appropriate legacy realm if your seeking to elevate your status in 2018 time frame. I achieved SPG Plat post August 18 now that my account is in order and am on my way to Plate Premier. I just need to stay at legacy SPG hotels to achieve this goal is what I've gleaned from other threads on this subject.

Good Luck!