FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Regal Airport vs Marriott Skycity
View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2018, 4:57 pm
evergrn

Originally Posted by mcgahat
I agree with your choice, I am a big Marriott SkyCity fan. Just a few notes based on my personal preference and experiences.

Since you have no status, you might also consider the Novotel CityGate if it has some decent rates. I rank the Marriott first with Citygate being second...ahead of Regal.

You asked about breakfast, the Marriott breakfast is great and very expansive....also very expensive.

Someone mentioned the Marriott counter and private transfer, that is only for people with status.

The Marriott also has a shuttle service to the Citygate Outlets and Tung Chung MTR. From there you can walk over to the Ngong Ping 360 cable car which will take you to a small village with some touristic shops, eateries and the Tian Tan Buddha. If you wanted to do something on Lantau Island before heading to Hong Kong Island.
Problem with Novotel is that their twin beds are way too narrow to be shared by an adult and a child. I do recall the breakfast at Marriott being very good. Including breakfast for 4, Marriott (as would Regal) will exceed 2,000HKD total for the night. Makes me wonder if I should just suck it up and pay the 3,000HKG for the first night to start our stay at Conrad right from the get-go (at Conrad, breakfast is free). Then again I really don't want to take a late-night taxi down Lantau Hwy after a scary experience with a sleepy driver a few years ago.