FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point Runs | 2018 master thread
View Single Post
Old Sep 8, 2018, 2:30 am
zen100

Originally Posted by Cheapskate22

Any good runs from Europe to NYC? My dates are pretty specific October 15th - Dec 22nd. Best I could find is MAD-LHR-BOS-LGA // JFK-BOS-LHR-DUB (details below).

Is there a way to add any extra stops on the East Coast or within Europe? And any way to avoid having to spend the night in MAD the night before the first flight?

Thanks for help!
I haven't been doing this for as long as many on here, but I've generally seen that the east coast isn't very efficient for TP runs. The total cost tends to be roughly the same as west coast or Hawaii, but with far fewer TPs - and the gap between the direct-price and the TP-run price is a lot smaller, or even negative.

BA are currently selling direct J class flights to NYC for ~£1350 (although not if starting from October).

You could do a west coast run and then double-back under a separate ticket, which is what I did when I made a holiday out of my TP-run. But that involved holiday time on the west coast as well.

If I *had* to go east coast *only*, with no need to go to the west coast at all, I'd probably just book in Y and use the Gold card benefits to take the edge off being in Y - it's only a 5-6 hour flight. Even if I needed the TPs, there are probably cheaper ways of getting the TPs

Hope that helps