FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dining in Venice
View Single Post
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:51 pm
Perche

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
Thanks for the posts here to far. It has been helpful.

I will I’ll be in Venice for a 3 day conference in October. The conference hotel is at Hotel Monaco and Grand Canal. Most of the events are planned but there is one night open where I can take out some customers.

Can an anyone share a couple of restaurant recommendations within say a 10 minute walk? Nothing too fancy but just good local food that’s not a tourist trap. Price isn’t an issue as my company will pay. I basically just don’t want to overpay for something that isn’t up to par.

Also any good gelato places in that area that are authentic? How about macaroons?
Remember you'll get lost a lot in Venice. If money is not an object, the easiest really good restaurants to get to near you are Al Covo, and Il Ridotto. Al Covo is a 10-15 minute walk straight Piazza San Marco, keep walking along the water until you get to a street called Via de la Pesceria, and make a left. It's right there. Il Risotto is a 5-6 minute walk. Go through the Piazza staying towards the left and just follow the crowds and keep walking straight till you run into a canal and have to go over a bridge. Just keep following the crowds and going straight ill you get to Campo Sani Fillipo e Giacomo. It's right there, just look around. Venice doesn't have good gelato. The best of the bad is a place called Alaska, but it's a long way, not too far from the train station. You'll need to take a vaporetto. Several pastry places have macaroons. I Tre Mercanti is five minute walk, through Piazza San Marco. It will be a little tricky to find, but if you keep asking directions, you eventually will. Simplest for macaroons if money is no object is Cafe Florian, right in Piazza San Marco. You might want to think about why you want a French desert in Italy, although Italian chefs invented them, they are not a Venetian dessert.