FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "holding" a car while checking the rest of the inventory
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:54 pm
Bjam99

I'm totally guilty of this. I will have a very quick look, head to the car I like the look of most, toss my bag in the back seat, lock it and go check out what else is there. Selfish? maybe. But to me, the point and indeed value of getting PC and keeping it is to choose some decent and different cars. I know some people prefer the time saver of jumping in and driving off but I'm a car guy, I like to check out whats available and I've spent well over an hour on a lot before. I do 30+ rentals a year.

At large stations (I rent from LAX mostly) there are at least 6 rows in PC, another 4 rows in 5* (where there are often better cars than in PC) fully stocked there could be over 100 cars to choose from. I have often jumped in a 300, I drive towards the exit and I notice something way better hiding at the end of the row. My rentals vary from 1 week to 2 months so I really like to be sure i'm comfortable with the car i've got because I'm often living with it for a longish time and changing is a faff.

What do people think the best practice is? just take whatever the first car in the row is?