FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA wants to get more intimate when doing passenger pat downs.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:58 pm
T-the-B

Programs: DL, WN, US, Avis, AA
Originally Posted by gsoltso
I will state again, if you experience something other than what the video outlines, then you should file a complaint locally, ask for an STSO or TSM, or file a complaint at one of the Official TSA sites. The only way that the organization can follow up on things like this, is if they know about it.
I truly believe you are sincere in your believe that "the organization can follow up on things like this", but it runs counter to my experience.

Here is one experience I had. After going through the normal screening process (WTMD) I was pulled aside for additional screening. I was not given the option of private screening. Rather I was ordered into a room for private screening against my expressed desire. During the "screening process" (groping) the TSO rubbed my genitals with the front of his hand while also making gratuitous comments about my muscle tone. Those comments were totally inappropriate and uncomfortable to me in the extreme. I did just as you suggest. I filed a complaint with the TSA and with my representative. The TSA's response basically boiled down to "so what". No one from TSA contacted me to gather any additional information, no one ever addressed what were clearly inappropriate comments by the screener, No one ever explained why the groping had to be done away from the public view. Not a single person at the TSA gave a damn. In short there was no follow up worth of the term.

If you want to hear about the lack of interest when I had screeners attempt to steal from my bag let me know and I'll post about those incidents, too.

In short, filing complaints may provide some cathartic relief but nothing else will come of it.