FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Concierge Benefit
View Single Post
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:55 pm
ASHFlyer

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum
Originally Posted by trustno1

Here’s a tip, ring the Concierge line and you will get free seat assignments on tickets. I did it this week on 17 tickets I booked in the sale. Secondly, if you are asked to pay excess baggage at Check-In on some extra kilos, instead of paying it at the check-in desk, ask can you pay it at the ticket desk. Once I’ve shown my Conc card there the fees were waived. This worked in Dublin as well as Frankfurt where the ticket desk staff was an agent. Check-in staff have very little discretion but the staff on the ticket desk have. It goes without saying, be polite at all times. Finally, while the 4 upgrade vouchers are great, there has been a number of occasions were all fare difference charges have been waived on ticket changes by the Aer Club staff on the phone. The money this has saved me over the last 12 months has paid for my on board cuppa many times over👍🏼.
Thanks for the tip!

PS. I am never impolite to people who work at Aer Lingus and very understanding of their rigid rules (once again, being a low fare airline). I've seen quite a few frequent flyers be borderline abusive and would like to clarify that I am certainly not one of them! I'd rather pay 10-50 quid to avoid any form of confrontation.